Studio membership options are available for serious students who are looking to work independently and create more space for clay in their life.
We offer a spacious, clean studio with membership options for a maximum of 16 members. No sign-up for studio time will be required. Members can use the studio 24/7 except when Tiffany is teaching weekly classes (typically Tues and Wed evenings 6-8:30pm) or hosting occasional weekend workshops. Those times will be clearly posted each month. The studio is fully functional with wheels safely distanced, sturdy work tables, reliable cone 8 glazes, 2 electric kilns, ample shelving, hand tools, banding wheels, and an excellent lending library of books. Members must purchase clay through the studio. There are six large windows for fresh air and a powerful HEPA air filter using bipolar ionization technology for the safest possible indoor air quality.
Studio memberships are available to students who have previously taken classes or workshops with Tiffany Hilton or by approval through a questionnaire and interview process. Currently there is a waitlist for membership. Please fill out the application to get in the queue for future openings.
Benefits & Responsibilities
- Members can use the studio 24/7 except when Tiffany is teaching weekly classes or hosting occasional weekend workshops. Typically two evenings a week will be occupied by classes from 6-8:30pm.
- No sign-up for studio time will be required.
- Members will get a key to the studio.
- Membership does not include the cost of clay. Clay must be purchased through the studio and includes the cost of glazes and firings at $35/bag (25 lbs) Laguna 900 tan stoneware.
- Members get two large shelves for storage.
- Members are encouraged to reclaim their own clay.
- Members can’t store work on studio bats. You can use studio ware boards for storage. Please provide your own bats if you want to leave your work on them overnight.
- Members will receive a 15% discount on weekly classes & workshops.
- Members will leave their work on marked shelves when ready for bisque or glaze firings.
- We bisque fire to cone 06 and glaze fire to cone 8 oxidation.
- There are 10 reliable studio glazes to work with and test tiles for all glaze combinations.
- Tiffany will load and fire the kilns for members on a regular basis every few weeks. Please do not demand that your work be fired by a certain deadline.
- Large projects (over 12” in any direction) will require additional firing fees.
- Glaze drips will be charged $5-10 depending on damage to kiln shelves and repair time.
- Members must sign a liability waiver.